Philosophy



As a student designer I believe that design should not only come from the mind, but from the heart as well. Interior Design has been a part of my life since childhood, allowing myself to learn and become passionate about the career. The combination of bold ideas and interesting patterns inspire my love for a modern and classic type of design. In the future, my plan is to graduate from the Washington State University Interior Design program, work for an interior design firm, and later pursue my own Interior Design business.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Workplace Light Case Study



            For the Workplace Light Design project, we were required to research an interesting light design used in an office space. For this, I found the Pons + Huots office in France. In this space, the transformed an atrium space into a workspace with individual desks and large trees surrounding them. This unique space uses light to enhance the office and found a way to make work more fun. This was a good resource for the project and taught me a lot about what is required in a workspace and what would be necessary. Case studies are important to the concept work for a project and does a lot to help the designer know exactly what is needed in the space by looking at a real life example. They should be done before the start of any project and will help immensely when working later on the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment