Philosophy



As a student designer I believe that design should not only come from the mind, but from the heart as well. Interior Design has been a part of my life since childhood, allowing myself to learn and become passionate about the career. The combination of bold ideas and interesting patterns inspire my love for a modern and classic type of design. In the future, my plan is to graduate from the Washington State University Interior Design program, work for an interior design firm, and later pursue my own Interior Design business.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Two Bedroom Bathroom Design



For this apartment bathroom, I was inspired to keep the same aesthetic and design concepts as the kitchen, creating a flow throughout the apartment. I used clean lines and white fixtures with a hint of sea foam green to do so. The bathroom is ADA and has front access to the toilet. Although it is a small space, I think that everything fits quite well with plenty of storage. I had been waiting for my cork floor tile sample to arrive and it has finally come today! This sustainable material will fit perfectly into the bathroom in the form of 12x12 tiles. The wainscoting around the walls add a texture and classic look to the bathroom, making it feel clean and traditional. I found that designing the bathroom was fun for me and I am enjoying the fact that I can start to see this apartment grow into reality. I enjoyed making the kitchen design poster because I have a tough time using online applications such as InDesign and Photoshop (both used for this project). This was a great way to dip my feet back into these applications and give me a little more practice, although I do admit I will need more! Overall, I am happy with the design and the way that the project turned out and I am very proud of myself for finishing my first bathroom design!

No comments:

Post a Comment