Philosophy



As a student designer I believe that design should not only come from the mind, but from the heart as well. Interior Design has been a part of my life since childhood, allowing myself to learn and become passionate about the career. The combination of bold ideas and interesting patterns inspire my love for a modern and classic type of design. In the future, my plan is to graduate from the Washington State University Interior Design program, work for an interior design firm, and later pursue my own Interior Design business.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Two Bedroom Kitchen Design

Kitchen Design: includes floor plans, elevations, cross section, and perspectives
Materials for Kitchen Design

Volumetric Model for Kitchen Design

My two bedroom apartment kitchen design stems from a specific design concept based off the song "The House that Built Me" by Miranda Lambert:

"This apartment is meant to feel like a home. Its purpose is to have each owner and visitor have a sense of comfort and warmth. A house should be one to create memories that will last a life time and this apartments neutral color scheme allows each and every person to feel welcome and inspired. Any owner can personalize this apartment to make it into their own. Its traditional and modern design adds to the historic building, creating the perfect open atmosphere. This home is sure to stay in your memories for a life time."

This was the first time I have ever done anything like this. All of the standard measurements are new to me and while i struggled a bit to figure the right things out, I am very proud of what I came up with. I am proud of myself for not procrastinating this job and using good time management skills. In the future I think that I need to research all of the measurements and requirements a bit more in order to get everything right. I put so much effort and time into this project and I believe that it shows. I am very proud of my work, even if I can improve some more in some areas, I can work on those in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment