Philosophy



As a student designer I believe that design should not only come from the mind, but from the heart as well. Interior Design has been a part of my life since childhood, allowing myself to learn and become passionate about the career. The combination of bold ideas and interesting patterns inspire my love for a modern and classic type of design. In the future, my plan is to graduate from the Washington State University Interior Design program, work for an interior design firm, and later pursue my own Interior Design business.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

CollinsWoerman Job Shadow: Study Tour

Swedish Hospital in Issaquah, WA. Award wining hospital designed by CollinsWoerman Architectural Firm.
Last week, I had the pleasure of doing a job shadow at Colins Woerman, a Seattle based architectural firm. This was a first for me, and it turned out to be a fantastic experience. Upon arriving to the firm, I was introduced to one of the associates and was given a tour of the floor. It was a very open and interesting layout, and i enjoyed how the space seemed very welcoming and friendly. Once given a tour, we were introduced to two of their Interior Designers. They gave us a basic low down of what their jobs consisted of and one even showed us her design process of a current project she was working on. This was so cool to see how a professional worked on their projects. We also had the pleasure of sitting in on two product presentations, one carpet and one lighting. This allowed us to see how the firm learns about new products and how they go about attaining them. This day allowed me to see what an interior design jobs consists of in the real world. It was an awesome chance to make connections and network myself as a designer. I definitely want to do more job shadows in the future to learn more about the real life business. I loved the day and was so grateful for the people who took time out of their busy schedules to teach me about their business and themselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment